Pages

Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Insomnism and Disney Raves

First of all, insomnism is a word. I promise that it is a word I just made up. But a word nonetheless....in the dictionary of Stephanie, anyway.

Every now and again, I have a night where it is especially difficult getting to sleep and equally difficult staying asleep. One of those nights graced me with its presence at the beginning of the week. And by graced with presence, I do mean barged in and rudely interrupted my beauty sleep. Can't anyone stay pretty without being rudely interrupted by insomnism? Sheesh!

Granted, my mind was still busy trying to shut down after finishing my 101 in 1001 post (which I am very proud of by the way), but still that is no excuse to keep me up all hours of the night, Brain!

As I lay on my pillow desperately trying to calm my brain so I could somehow doze off, Just Around the Riverbend  starts playing on an endless loop in my head. I am well aware that I am a sucker for all the Disney classics and I adore Disney tunes, but it's sort of a bad time Brain when I am trying to fall asleep at a decent hour on a work night.

Busy thoughts at any hour are enough to make your head explode.



In fact, I had never wanted to fall into an 8 hour coma more than I did that night. It is always when you want to put your thoughts to rest that they instead decide to throw a Disney rave. Thanks Brain. I love when you keep me awake at night.

Maybe I should just be a bat.

I could sleep several hours a day. Only come out at night. Have a strict diet. And have no idea what Disney music is even. Poor bats.

I would fly without a care in the world. Literally, because they only care about eating bugs and sleeping. Protein and sleep, I can live with that.

Oops, looks like I was dreaming again...that must mean sleep is on the horizon.

Until next time
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...