Pages

Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Love Vintage

For as long as I have been making my own money, I have loved adored shopping. It is a favourite hobby of mine. For the past couple of years, I have taken to vintage clothing and just love shopping for interesting and unique pieces.

From the first piece of vintage clothing I tried on, I realized that I was built for circa 50's - 60's clothing and beyond. I love how the clothing is made to last, unlike clothing we wear these days.

The other day I was out antiquing, with absolutely no intentions of spending much money whatsoever. Not at all actually. I just like browsing. And then a terribly amazing thing happened, I found a handful of vintage and retro clothing pieces.

Once I saw them, I already knew there was no hope for me. After trying them on, that was it. It was a disgustingly adorable love story between me and the vintage clothes. Love at first sight if you have to label it.

Just have a look though. If you had a love/joy/excitement for vintage clothing you wouldn't be able to put these pieces down either:

My purchasing of this shirt has nothing to do with the fact that I both adore and lived in Australia. Honestly, I so much adore Australian vintage clothing. Always so beautifully made, and this shirt is so comfortable.  


 This is only the second retro jumpsuit I have come across. Granted, it will probably just hang for ages in my closet, but I couldn't leave the shop without it. These a difficult to come across, and for 20.00 it was pretty much a steal. 

 Loved these shorts the moment I saw them on the rack. They fit PERFECTLY, not to mention are so freakin cute! I just wish that summer would come quicker so I can start wearing them. 

 I wish I knew exactly what era this dress was from, because it is so sophisticated and fits beautifully. My best guess is mid 1960's. I found it in a booth at an antiques centre. I certainly didn't expect for it to fit so well. I just love it. 


This has to be one of the most adorable skirts I have ever found vintage clothes shopping. It is just so cute and darling. The fabric is a bit thicker but is still so light and flowy.  I just can't wait to wear this adorable piece. 


Granted, I had to dig deep and make sure I wasn't missing out on groceries before purchasing these. I don't regret the purchases though. How could I? Maybe I went a bit over my budget but they are all so adorable. It's just unfortunate that I have to wait until summer to wear a couple of these pieces.

Oh well. At least I can still get a few years out of them if they have lasted this long.
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...