Pages

Friday, January 22, 2016

Lessons I Learned Down Under


Lately, my mind has been in a zillion different places. I often find myself thinking and congratulating myself on how far I have come and how much I have grown, especially since returning from Australia.

I have realized that while the past year and a bit has been one hell of a roller coaster ride, so much of me has changed, the credit goes to the lessons I learned Down Under.

Take opportunities for adventure. Even day trips. Half day trips. Two hour trips. Anything is an adventure if you make it one.

Never forget how significantly insignificant you are. When you stop and look at something so vast, it really hits just how insignificant we really are on this planet. 

Enjoy the little things. 

Emotions are connected to the heart, if your heart isn't invested, you aren't invested. For a long time it was easier avoiding getting hurt. Heart break is terrifying, but dating is no fun when you know there is no future. 

It's important to meet people. They have the potential to be a part of the rest of your life. It hurts terribly missing them, but some people are just meant to be in our lives. 

An adventure is more exciting when you have someone to share it with. Results: Extreme laughter and inside jokes. 

Invest in things that make you happy

It's okay to be afraid. Of love. Of adventure. Of letting go. 

Happiness comes from letting go. 

Life is meant to have obstacles. You've just gotta work with what  you have and hope for the best. 

It doesn't hurt to try something new. Like Kangaroo steak. 

Each day is a new chance to get up and try again. 

Don't give up on yourself. This one is a constant test and struggle for me at times. Still not giving up. Life is too much of an adventure. 

I don't know why it took so long to have to learn these lessons, but I suppose when you have one year of adventure, you are handed lessons and you have the potential to learn more about yourself than you thought possible. Why can't it be that easy being on home soil?

I just wish that it was easier finding adventure in the mundane. 

Thoughts?
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...